Wednesday, February 24, 2016

5 Reasons to Make Bread With a Bread Maker


There are many reasons to go out and get a bread maker to make your bread with but I am only going to list five of them for starters.
The first reason and in my opinion the most important for making your own bread is because its much healthier than buying the store brand bread with all the added preservatives.
For example I'm going to list all the ingredients found in a loaf of bread that I have pulled from my pantry that I recently purchased at the grocery store. And it is wheat bread I might add. see below.
Whole wheat flour, water, high fructose corn syrup, wheat gluten, yeast, soybean oil, wheat bran salt, enrichment (calcium sulfate, vitamin e acetate, vitamin a palmitate, vitamin 3d) mono-and diglycerides, calcium propionate, (preservative), datem, soy lecithin, citric acid, grain vinegar, potassium iodate, ethoxalated mono-and diglycerides, calcium phosphate.
I mean what is this stuff? I understand the flour and the yeast but the other stuff? C'mon.
Now I will go and grab the recipe I use to make my own bread. see ingredients below.
Milk, eggs, butter, flour, salt and yeast. Thats it!
The recipe does call for sugar but I leave that out. you really don't need it especially if you are using a bread machine and are buying the bread ingredients advertised as "great for bread maker."
Reason number two. Its so easy! It only takes five minutes to prepare at the most.
Take the ingredients I mentioned above in the specified measurements in whatever recipe you are using and dump them in the bread pan than turn on your bread maker and your work is done.
Three hours later you have warm fresh bread and your house smells wonderful!
Reason number three: Its fun.
Making bread can be a lot of fun for the whole family. There are thousands of bread cook books out there that you can get your hands on for making different varieties of bread. In my house we make basic egg bread, white bread, wheat bread, corn bread, etc.
Everyone in my family has their favorite bread and again it is so easy to do.
The fourth reason is that you will save money.
For the price of two loaves of bread (depending on the brand) you can buy enough bread ingredients to make six loaves or more so keep this in mind if you are considering buying a bread maker. You can buy a really good one for under sixty dollars and it no time it will pay for itself.
Reason number five. You can experiment with cakes and jams.
Not only do bread makers make bread but most come with a setting for cakes and jams. I have not done anything with the cakes but I have made the jam and it tastes great. And the prep time is just as short and simple as the bread making.
So there you have it. Five reasons to make bread with a bread maker!


No comments:

Post a Comment